13 Great Home Remedies for Scabies
If you are suffering from persistent red rashes all over the body accompanied by itching or pain (sometimes both) chances are that you may be suffering from human scabies.
Table of Contents
- 1 Home Remedies for Scabies
- 1.1 Tea Tree Oil
- 1.2 Borax and hydrogen peroxide (hydrogen peroxide)
- 1.3 Boric acid
- 1.4 Clove oil
- 1.5 Onion
- 1.6 Bleach
- 1.7 Turmeric
- 1.8 White vinegar
- 1.9 Tea bush
- 1.10 Rosemary
- 1.11 Neem
- 1.12 Lavender oil
- 1.13 Bitter gourd
- 1.14 Cayenne pepper
- 1.15 Aloe vera
- 1.16 Sulfur creams
- 1.17 Related Posts to 13 Great Home Remedies for Scabies
Home Remedies for Scabies
As mentioned earlier, scabies is a very common skin condition and your local pharmacy will probably be plagued with a over-the-counter and prescription laundry list than on medication strength. However, there are several natural remedies, which are not very intrusive, but are still very effective in eliminating scabies without having to opt for prescribed medical treatments.
Tea tree oil is used by a lot of home remedies for a wide variety of skin conditions, including scabies or scabies.
Using tea tree oil will cure scabies because:
- It balances the pH level of your skin so it is slightly acidic. Not only does your skin become healthy, it also makes the environment very inhospitable for the scabies parasite.
- Tea tree oil contains terpinen-4-ol, which attacks directly and eliminates the parasite from scabies.
- The antimicrobial properties of tea tree oil will protect the area affected by secondary infections.
Ways in which you can use tea tree oil to cure your mange:
- Fill your tub with warm water and more about 12 drops of tea tree oil in it. Scrub yourself in this water for at least 15 minutes, twice a day.
- Mix olive oil tea tree oil in a ratio of 1: 1. Apply this to an affected part of the skin, to ensure that your skin is not overtly sensitive to it. If so, you can increase the olive oil content, however, the ratio of tea tree oil to olive oil should not exceed 1: 2, so that the treatment is effective. Now apply the mixture to Affected areas with a cotton ball. Do not wash the area and allow your skin to absorb the mixture, so that it can remove the parasite from scabies.
- Both of the above methods should get rid of scabies infection in humans in a few weeks. Keep in mind that tea tree oil is extremely hard in an undiluted form and you should never apply it to your scabies without diluting it first. In addition, tea tree oil should never be ingested orally in any circumstances.
Borax and hydrogen peroxide (hydrogen peroxide)
Hydrogen peroxide borax and can be combined to form a highly effective treatment for scabies. Borax is a natural insecticide and fungicide. Hydrogen peroxide is a known anti-bacterial agent. When used together, they will kill the scabies parasite and also reduce the chances of secondary infection in the inflamed area. The following is how to apply the treatment:
- Fill a tub with warm water.
- Mix two cups of borax and one cup of hydrogen peroxide.
- Soak yourself in this bath for at least 15 minutes.
- Take this bath at least once a day and your condition should improve in a matter of weeks.
Put 2 cups of boric acid in the tub with hot water, you can add some vinegar to increase the effectiveness.
You should wash all bedding and clothing in hot water with a small amount of chlorine and boric acid; Otherwise you could re-infect.
In addition to having known anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, clove oil is also an analgesic, which relieves the almost insatiable itch that accompanies a scabies infection. However, anecdotal evidence suggests that it will burn your skin if you use it in an undiluted form. The following is how to apply the treatment for scabies:
- Take a tablespoon of clove oil and add it to 4 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil. If it can not be made with any coconut oil, you can substitute it with olive oil; however, the treatment will lose some of its potency as the lauric acid in coconut oil makes it a strong anti-bacterial feeling in your Own right.
- Apply this mixture over the affected area and let the skin absorb naturally.
Your condition should improve within two weeks.
- Yes, the humble onion, which is a staple in most cuisines around the world can cure a scabies infection. This is due to a couple of reasons:
- Onions contain quercetin, which is a known analgesic that will relieve the symptoms of an itch.
- Onion is also very rich in organic sulfur compounds, which attack directly and eliminate the parasite from scabies.
There are some ways you can use onion to treat scabies:
- Take a piece of onion and cut it into few whole pieces and put it in a bowl. Sprinkle a little salt into it and then cover the bowl. Apply the resulting juice using a cotton ball over the affected area.
- Take an onion and put it on the mixer and turn it on for a few seconds. Take the resulting paste in muslin cloth and squeeze all the juice. Apply to the inflamed area.
- Take about 8 onions and boil in a quart of water. Allow the water to cool to room temperature and apply to the infected area.
Bleaches contain chlorine, which is a known disinfectant that will kill the mites that are causing the infection in the first place. The following is how to apply the treatment:
- Take a large container. Pour one cup of chlorine into it, followed by three cups of water. Mix well.
- Take a cotton ball and apply liberal amounts of this solution over the affected area. Let it dry naturally.
- Take a shower afterwards.
Bleach is extremely corrosive in undiluted form and should not be touched undiluted first. Even after diluting it, it should never reach your eyes and should not ingest either. If it happens to your eyes by chance, rinse your eyes repeatedly with fresh water. If you suffer from some blurred vision then you should immediately visit the emergency room.
Turmeric is a herb with strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can wreak havoc on the scabies parasite and also protects the area from secondary infections. There are several different ways in which turmeric can be used for scabies:
The use of turmeric and Neem oil:
- Take 1 tablespoon of turmeric and add a few drops of neem oil to it.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Apply this paste over the affected area and let it dry naturally. This should take about an hour.
- Take a piece of damp cloth and scrape the dried turmeric paste.
- Taking a shower.
- The use of turmeric and Neem powder:
- Take 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and a tablespoon of neem powder and mix thoroughly.
- Add a few drops of water to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste and wash it, in the same way as mentioned in the treatment of neem oil and turmeric.
- The use of turmeric and lemon juice:
- Take a tablespoon of turmeric powder and add a few drops of lemon juice to it to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste over the infection and let it dry naturally. This should take about 1 hour.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
White vinegar contains acetic acid, which reduced the pH level of your skin making it more acidic. As mentioned earlier in this article, a slightly acid pH level is fantastic for your skin but it makes your skin toxic to The parasite of scabies, finally killing him.
Here’s how you can use white vinegar to treat your mange:
- Mix white vinegar and fresh water.
- Apply the solution to the affected area with a cotton ball.
- Leave on for about five minutes and then rinse with warm water.
This treatment can be applied for up to three times a day. You should notice a visible difference in a few days, with the infection being completely eliminated in two weeks!
Tea Bush (Lippia multiflora) is an herb that is native to Africa, but is now available in health food stores around the world. Bush tea is rich in flavonoids, which is ideal for overall skin. It also contains anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, which will help you get rid of your scabies infection from the inside.
Boil some water in the kettle, meanwhile take a cup and a tense filled organic tea bush leaves. Once the water is boiling, pour a little through the strainer into the bowl. Feel free to add a tablespoon of honey as a sweetener. Consume this tea at least three times a day!
Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) is another herb that can be used to make a highly potent cure for scabies. Romero contains cineole and alpha – pinene, two very potent terpenoids with antimicrobial and anti – inflammatory properties that will protect the affected area from secondary infection and help reduce pain and itching sensations. It also contains camphor, a known astringent that will make the affected area very inhospitable for the scabies parasite.
Make some rosemary tea, in the same way you would make the bush tea, as mentioned above. As it is not consumed, there is no need to add honey. Allow the tea to cool to room temperature and then apply it to the affected area with some cotton balls. You can apply this for up to three times a day.
The neem tree (Azadirachta indica) is native to the Indian subcontinent and has been used for centuries in traditional Indian medicine. It is a natural emollient, which means it has soothing properties that can provide some relief from the incessant itch caused by scabies. Scientific studies have proven antimicrobial properties of neem, which can prevent areas of mange infestation from succumbing to secondary infections. Anecdotal evidence suggests that in addition to increasing the effectiveness of turmeric treatment, neem is a potent remedy for scabies in its own right.
- Using Neem Oil: There are a couple of different ways you can use neem oil to treat mange:
- Fill a tub with warm water and add about 10 drops of neem oil to it. Soak yourself in this water for at least 15 minutes. Feel free to take the neem bath for at least twice a day.
- Make a paste by combining it with turmeric powder, as mentioned earlier in this article.
- You can dilute the neem oil with olive oil and apply that to mange infestation as well. Although it is possible to find some internet resources (of dubious reputation) asking you to apply neem oil directly to your scabies infection, please do not do that. This is because neem oil is extremely strong and can cause a very hard reaction, especially if you have sensitive skin.
- Using Neem Sheets: There are a couple of ways you can use neem sheets as well:
- Take a handful of neem leaves and boil them in water. Allow the water to cool to room temperature. Drink a tablespoon of this liquid (ignore the bitter taste) at least four times a day. You should also apply this water to the affected area with a cotton ball and let it dry naturally.
- Throw some neem leaves into the blender, add a couple of tablespoons of water and then rotate the blender for a few seconds to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste over the affected area and let it dry naturally. Take a shower (or a neem tub) afterwards. You can also combine the neem license paste with turmeric powder to make the treatment even more effective.
There is scientific and anecdotal evidence of lavender oil being extremely effective in killing the scabies parasite. It also helps in the regeneration of the skin; Allowing you to shed infected skin cells. There are different ways in which you can use lavender oil to treat your mange:
- Mix equal parts of lavender oil with olive oil and apply that to the affected area. Allow your skin to absorb oil and do not rinse the area until absolutely necessary. This treatment can be applied several times during the course of the day.
- You can also combine lavender oil with an equal amount of alcohol. As alcohol is a very strong astringent, it will make the infected area even more inhospitable for the scabies parasite. Rub alcohol also protect the area against secondary infections. Apply this treatment twice a day.
- Fill a tub with warm water and add five drops of lavender oil in it and enjoy yourself in this water for about fifteen minutes. Taking this daily bath will help get rid of scabies in a few weeks.
Bitter gourd is another treatment that helps heal your scabies from the inside. It is rich in vitamins B and C, folic acid, magnesium, manganese, zinc and phosphorus, which has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. Through a bitter gourd in the blender, remove the slurry and squeeze to extract the juice. As its name implies, it will be very bitter, but you can make it a little easier on your trowel by adding a tablespoon of lemon juice. Anecdotal evidence suggests that drinking this once a day will help get rid of the scabies parasite in a week!
If you do not have sensitive skin, then you can use cayenne pepper to implement a very aggressive treatment against the scabies parasite. Cayenne pepper will burn the mites without having an adverse effect on your skin. The following is how to apply the treatment:
- Fill a tub with hot water and add a cup of cayenne pepper to it.
- Soak yourself in this water for as long as possible, preferably until the water cools. Take special care so that you do not undergo any sudden movement that will make this water in your eyes. The burning sensation will be unbearably painful.
- Take a shower afterwards.
Taking a cayenne pepper bath once a day will help you get rid of your mange in a week!
Aloe Vera is not only useful for treating sunburn and acne, but it can help get rid of the scab you sprout as well! Not only will it soothe inflamed itchiness and protect the area from secondary infections, a study conducted by the Teaching Hospital of the Obafemi Awolowo University in Ile-Ife, Nigeria in 2009 showed that Aloe is as effective as benzyl benzoate, which Is a common about the treatment against scabies. Here are a couple of ways you can apply this treatment:
- Get yourself some aloe leaves, cut the shells from taking the separation sheets. Scrape the gel and apply that directly to the affected area. Leave on for about thirty minutes and then wash with warm water. If you apply this treatment for at least three times a day, you will be able to get rid of the scabies parasite in a few weeks!
- Take two tablespoons of aloe, add a pinch of turmeric powder and some petals of marigold to it. Calendula is an herb known for antimicrobial properties that can significantly increase the potency of Aloe Vera treatment. Mix the components thoroughly to create a uniform paste. Apply this paste to the affected areas and let it dry naturally, then rinse the area with a little warm water. This treatment is highly recommended for advanced cases of scabies treatment, especially if some of the blisters have appeared to create open sores!
- If you can not get the aloe leaves you can buy an organic aloe gel vial at your local pharmacy.
Sulfur is used to treat many types of skin disorders. Sulfur cream, lotion, ointment, bar soap and are used to cure scabies. Use only as directed by sulfur. Do not use it more often and do not use it for a longer period of time than recommended on the label, unless directed by your doctor.
If the itching continues for more than 2 weeks, do not hesitate to consult a doctor. There are strong off-the-shelf products available to deal with the problem quickly.