Abdominoplasty: Advantages, Disadvantages, And Risks
If you lose a lot of weight quickly with this diet you may have had an excess of skin hanging, this is not going to lose with just diet, occupy a tummy tuck.
People who have suffered from overweight or even having an ideal weight at their age, stature, may have a flaccid abdomen, which looks unsightly.
For this reason, abdominoplasty has emerged as an alternative to reverse the damage caused, which many times, not even exercising can disappear, however, abdominoplasty is recommended only for some patients, this, if they meet certain conditions, which we will see here.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is abdominoplasty?
- 2 Who is abdominoplasty for?
- 3 Abdominoplasty: Technique
- 4 Advantages of abdominoplasty:
- 5 Disadvantages of abdominoplasty:
- 6 Approximate cost of an abdominoplasty:
- 7 conclusion
What is abdominoplasty?
It is a surgical procedure that consists of the reconstruction of the walls of the abdomen, its objective is to remove excess skin in the abdominal area, remodeling not only the abdomen but also waist, and in general the part of the body trunk.
It is one of many procedures that enter the list of plastic surgeries, helping to recover the separated or debilitated muscles. The results promise is to have a firm abdominal area.
Currently, the percentage of overweight and obesity has risen, and a large part of the population has suffered the consequences that this entails and not only affects the body in an aesthetic way, displaying a bulky body, flaccidity, “little things”, limited to do Several activities, but, greatly affects the health of the body internally speaking, since it can alter, not only digestive, metabolic processes, it actually alters the whole functionality of the body. Therefore, timely detection of this will prevent many consequences.
There are many alternatives such as diets, exercise plans, diet pills, etc. Which help achieve the ideal weight, and many times, the last resort is to resort to some process or cosmetic surgery, abdominoplasty is more popular than you think, however, it is important to know for whom it is suggested, and it will be safe, What it consists of and what risk it can trigger, etc.
Who is abdominoplasty for?
Mainly this procedure is suggested to:
- Morbid Obesity: For those who have suffered from this type of obesity, after having lost great weight, there is a significant surplus of skin, which must be removed,
- Several pregnancies: some women who have had several pregnancies, many times, the skin can not accommodate leaving a surplus, which can be eliminated with abdominoplasty, however, there are some limitations if it is done, since it is preferable that there are no more Pregnancies, but, the positive results, can be reversed.
- Person in general: who have lost a lot of weight, through diets, plans or feeding programs, but who have not been able to recover muscle tone in the abdominal area, even with special exercises, some experts have suggested abdominoplasty, but it is worth noting, That not all are good candidates for this procedure. The support of a doctor is essential.
Is abdominoplasty the same as liposuction?
Probably the doubt arises if this surgery is the same as performing a liposuction, but it is important to clarify that it is not, abdominoplasty is a procedure to flatten the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat, allowing the toning of muscles Of the abdominal wall. It is also a major surgery. Liposuction is a remodeling of the silhouette of the body by removing fat from various parts of the body by means of a syringe that is connected to a suction machine or with ultrasonic liposuction.
If you are interested in losing only 2 to 3 kilograms in areas that are resistant to diet and exercise, it is better to have your liposuction or lipo laser if you are interested, check more at isbeautytyps.com.
- The most important thing is to choose a clinic or to go with a reliable surgeon to ask for information, depending on the case, to ask for the appropriate guidance. And above all, make an exhaustive assessment to determine if you are an optimal candidate, in case you want to take as an alternative. In other circumstances, the same physician may suggest it as part of the morbid obesity attack treatment.
- In the case of smoking, it should be stopped, at least two weeks before the operation, as a preparation and preventive measure to avoid complications.
- General anesthesia is required for this surgical procedure.
- In this technique, the surgeon will remove all excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- It proceeds to reconstruct the abdominal wall, through sutures, joining the rectus abdominous
Within the abdominoplasty techniques can be derived, being mini abdominoplasty, partial or complete. But in general, it will consist of certain hip-to-hip incisions. How long the surgery lasts can vary and depend on what the doctor does. But it can last up to five hours, or one to two hours.
Sometimes this procedure is combined with liposuction or, a while later, liposuction may come to complement this surgery, depending on the results you have after it has been performed. And also, depending on what the doctor points out.
It is suggested to enter for 24 to 48 hours before the procedure, and recovery may take four to six weeks.
What care is important after abdominoplasty?
There is certain post-operative care that should be followed as:
- There will be discomfort and pain, for this, the doctor will suggest taking some medications.
- Carrying a soft diet, and the one that the doctor indicates, after the surgery, will generally incorporate the food little by little.
- Do not do physical activity, and avoid sudden movements.
- Maintaining a correct posture is fundamental for a complete and adequate recovery after a tummy tuck
- Have weeks to recover, since most of them have to be inactive
- It is probably recommended to use a band or band, to use it as the doctor indicates.
- To take a shower
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing
After sufficient recovery time, it is advisable to take a balanced diet in order to maintain a healthy weight and to avoid being overweight and obese in the future. Since, although abdominoplasty is a very useful resource, the body may suffer in the future the same, returning to have a flabby abdomen and full of fat or fat tissue. It is necessary to adopt a new style and correct habits. Exercise.
Even if you have undergone a procedure such as an abdominoplasty, it does not guarantee that, in the long run, a flaccid belly will not appear again.
What are the risks of a tummy tuck?
As in any procedure and more of a surgical type, it is necessary to know all the risks and complications that may exist, and these are:
- Excessive pain
- Damage to internal organs
- Damage to nerves
The complications can be presented mainly if you suffer from some diseases like diabetes, heart, liver or lung. For this, a complete assessment is necessary before undergoing a tummy tuck.
There may be scars that even with the use of cream or special treatments to erase them, this may not disappear completely, therefore, it is necessary to assess if a tummy tuck is the best alternative.
A tummy tuck is not recommended for women who wish to continue having children, or for people who are still under treatment or special programs to lose weight. In cases like this, it is advisable to postpone this surgery.
If you have an illness, or you get a medical treatment, or you are a smoker. They are very important data that the doctor needs to know, and that will determine if you are a candidate or not to this type of procedure.
Advantages of abdominoplasty:
- It improves the appearance of muscles in the abdominal area, which are flaccid, stretched, have hanging skin, results with proper care can become very surprising
- Permanent results. With proper care in recovery and also if you adopt a correct lifestyle, and it is healthy
- Men and women alike can undergo abdominoplasty if they are eligible for it.
- It is an effective technique to remove excess skin
Disadvantages of abdominoplasty:
- It is not a method for weight loss, it does not replace a proper diet or exercise, and if you do not take care after having an abdominoplasty, the results will be very negative.
- Can not correct stretch marks, only improves the appearance of abdominal skin
- The recovery time is very long, and at the slightest neglect, there may be an infection and other types of alterations.
- It is expensive
- If you did not have proper care, you have to undergo a second surgery
- The results are determined by how the surgeon performed the procedure
- As in any surgery, it can be dangerous to undergo these processes, even taking an adequate assessment of a health expert.
- There are scars left
Approximate cost of an abdominoplasty:
Prices may vary, depending on the clinic and its costs, but generally, can cost up to $ 4,500 or more.
Even if you have medical expenses insurance, many times, these do not cover these types of surgeries, which are known as cosmetic. But it depends on what type of insurance you have and the conditions of the company.
Before and After Photos of a Tummy Tuck
Alert: These are explicit photos, extensive criteria are required
Generally, people who have opted and have undergone a tummy tuck have been happy with the results, if, with patience and determination, they had an adequate recovery, since it takes time.
Attention : if you already decided this alternative, investigate very well the reputation of the surgeon who will perform this procedure, if you notice that the doctor is unsafe or does not give you confidence, do not hesitate, look for another surgeon, it is worth paying a Little more for the services of a trusted surgeon.