How to Make Ginger and Turmeric Anti-inflammatory Tea to Relieve Pain
Ginger and turmeric are great spices that have been used since antiquity for medicinal purposes. They are widely recommended for treating gastrointestinal problems, inflammatory diseases and other conditions.
It is known that the inflammation affects much the good functioning of the body, so that ginger and turmeric, being so nutritious and provide so many properties and benefits, will help to combat it naturally. Also, their flavors are unique.
Table of Contents
- 1 Benefits of Ginger and Turmeric Anti-inflammatory Tea for Your Health
Benefits of Ginger and Turmeric Anti-inflammatory Tea for Your Health
Both roots are very nutritious, ginger in particular, has great anti-inflammatory properties that are excellent for preventing and treating arthritis, muscle aches and other. This is thanks to its rich content of gingeroles.
In addition, these properties promote good digestive health, relieving colic and nausea, avoiding the accumulation of intestinal gases, and in general, strengthening the immune system.
On the other hand, turmeric also has many properties, among which the anti-inflammatory ones. Consuming it regularly helps to combat joint pain, muscle pain, alleviate ulcer symptoms, and other inflammatory conditions.
The combined ginger and turmeric work perfectly to be able to fight the inflammation naturally. Its benefits are very similar, as they can help combat arthritis as well as digestive problems.
How To Make Ginger Anti-inflammatory Tea
You can prepare and consume an anti-inflammatory tea to be able to take full advantage of the benefits of ginger and turmeric. It’s very simple:
- A cup of water
- One teaspoon freshly grated turmeric
- One teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- One teaspoon of honey
- Lemon (optional)
In case you do not have the fresh spices, you can use them in powder, only uses 1/3 of teaspoon of each one.
To promote the absorption of turmeric in the body, once the tea is ready, add a teaspoon of organic coconut oil or flaxseed. Also, you can choose to add ¼ to ½ teaspoon of black pepper, which by its content of piperine, facilitates the absorption of turmeric.
How to prepare it:
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan
- Add the ginger and grated turmeric
- Reduce heat and boil the mixture for about 10 minutes
- If you use ginger and ground turmeric, just simmer for five minutes
- Strain the tea, let it warm, and add a teaspoon of honey and a few drops of lemon (optional)
- Then add the teaspoon of linseed oil or coconut or black pepper
How to Prepare Ginger and Turmeric Anti-inflammatory Tea Step by Step
- Buy Turmeric and ginger amuses me buy ginger, has always has a different and rare form.
- Bring water to boil before skimming turmeric and ginger.
- Peel ginger and turmeric, in my experience the best way to peel ginger is with a spoon, as well pelas very fast hands that you smell very nice.
- Once you have finished removing the peel ginger and turmeric, can do two things, one is grate or cut into small pieces can with a knife. To me in the particular I prefer to split it with a knife (but it is a matter of taste).
- Once the grated beak just add the turmeric to the boiling water.
Note: There is no specific amount of turmeric, you can add the amount you want and you can reduce the concentration with water.
- Is it summer or winter? To me in particular I like to always take hot tea, but you have two options, the first is to make a hot tea or a cold tea.
The first thing you have to do is place it, so that only tea is left.
- You can enjoy a rich tea with a little honey.
- Or you can add some ice and make a delicious cold turmeric tea with ginger for the heat season. When you drink it, I recommend that you breathe deeply so that you feel how rich the tea smells before taking it.
There is no dose of ginger and turmeric specified for the preparation of tea, however, you only need a teaspoon of both for tea preparation and to enjoy its great anti-inflammatory benefits.
It remembers that its flavor is very strong, as well as its aroma. You can drink one cup a day, and an extra if there is pain or swelling.
Look what happens to your body with this ginger and turmeric anti-inflammatory tea
The consumption of these plants is very safe and without significant side effects. However it is essential to remember and take into account that, in certain cases, should be avoided consumption.
If you have diabetes, gastric problems, if you consume anticoagulant drugs, you should consult your medical doctor, because the possible interaction of its components can put your health at risk.
Also, keep in mind that during pregnancy and lactation you should not consume any of these spices.