Itching In the Armpits and What You Can Say About Your Health
The axillary itching is a very frequent problem, which can be due to a great variety of different causes, some more complex than others. What is true, is that this condition can say a lot about health and how to deal with this situation will mark the difference between improvement or uncontrolled pruritus.
The itching of the skin, whatever the part of the body, is reason enough to attend a dermatologist since, after a few days, the quality of life will be totally altered and ends up being a very irritable situation, this without having in It can be a reason for infection.
The armpits are one of the most sensitive areas of the body and at the same time constantly exposed to many factors that can promote this condition. To begin to combat the itching, you must take into account the cause of axillary itching and how to act as the case may be. If the condition persists for several days it is necessary to go to the doctor quickly to avoid a greater risk of infection.
Table of Contents
That may be indicating the itching in the armpits
Before you want to use some home remedy or medicine to treat itching of armpits, it is important to know the direct cause of this condition so annoying, as it may be indicating something about our health that is being overlooked. Some of the most common causes are:
- Cosmetic products, fabrics or foods: you must observe what is causing the allergy, be it synthetic material, some deodorant of new use or some food that can generate such reaction. In this case the body is telling us that we should opt for products that are not toxic to our body, therefore begins to discard them and try to use natural products.
- Epilation: Infections in this delicate area usually occur at the time of depilation, as it is an invasive process. Some reddened hair can be the cause of swelling and itching, which could turn into a long-term infection in the worst case.
- Fungus in the armpits: Underarm thrush can form due to moisture, synthetic fabrics do not absorb the normal perspiration of this area so it can increase the risk of fungi. Avoiding excessive sweating or wearing appropriate clothing can help improve the situation and prevent it.
- Diseases: The axillary itching is also caused by more serious diseases, such as chickenpox, psoriasis, kidney failure, scabies, Hodgkin’s disease and obstruction of bile ducts.
- Dry skin: Having dry skin can be due to various reasons and is a common cause of itching. This may cause a rash in the armpits and become ill if not treated properly.
- Medications: Lastly, if itching occurs when you start taking a medication, this could be the cause and it is important to see your doctor.
Presenting this condition can be common and everyone happens to them at some point, but if you do not act immediately, applying the right treatments, you can become a more delicate situation and compromise the state of health.
Natural remedies to treat itching in the armpits
Among the natural remedies is Aloe vera, one of the natural remedies widely used to treat multiple skin conditions, although it is one of the most used, as well as castor oil, there are other remedies that are a very good Solution to treat armpit irritation.
Performing a bath of sodium bicarbonate applying a ratio of 3: 1 (Bicarbonate: water) is one of the remedies that can help solve this problem in the irritated or dry armpits. It is necessary to leave to act for a time of 30 minutes and not to rinse the zone, just to dry with delicacy and to leave that the mixture has its effect.
There are many herbs such as rosemary, mint, basil, chamomile, alfalfa, among others, whose anti-inflammatory properties are highly valued, although not everyone is aware of them. Make an infusion of one of these herbs mentioned above and apply in cold on the area of the armpit.
Making a paste of water and oats in a 1: 2 ratio, can help relieve the discomfort caused by itching. It should be applied to the skin and allowed to act for several minutes. Oatmeal is part of the main ingredients of beauty products today, thanks to its vitamins and minerals, this cereal in its version of oatmeal , can help to calm the skin irritation and also provide many other benefits.
It is an African fruit whose properties are perfect to treat this health problem. This shea butteris highly recommended after axillary hair removal, because it helps to relax and moisturize the skin, thus relieving the possible irritation that usually appears after a hair removal.