Natural Treatment for Dark Underarms
Nothing dark is good, everything should be shiny including the underarms, so I’ll give you some tips on the Natural Treatment for Dark Underarms.
I know how embarrassing it is to have dark underarms. You cannot raise your hands even if you dare to wear a tank top! Being cautious every time means a lot of sacrifice of freedom.
Do not do this. Your underarms may have darkened due to some of your mistakes including the use of shaving creams or hair chemicals by removing deodorants, we will not leave them in the dark.
After all, there are many home remedies to whiten the dark underarms.
You may need, effort and time, as well as patience, but you can be sure that you will get bleached underarms.
Table of Contents
- 1 Natural Treatment for Dark Underarms
- 1.1 1. Natural Whitening of Underarms with Lemon
- 1.2 2. Why leave behind the potatoes?
- 1.3 3. Use cucumbers too!
- 1.4 4. Exfoliate the underarms
- 1.5 5. Help yourself with the white baking soda!
- 1.6 6. Orange peels for the treatment of dark underarms
- 1.7 7. Saffron Remedy for Dark Underarms
- 1.8 8. White milk
- 1.9 9. Fast way to get white underarms
- 1.10 10. Make a mask of garbanzo flour for the dark underarms
- 1.11 11. Herbs for dark underarms
- 1.12 12. Do not do these things
- 1.13 13. See a doctor if the home remedy is not works
- 1.14 Related Posts to Natural Treatment for Dark Underarms
Natural Treatment for Dark Underarms
1. Natural Whitening of Underarms with Lemon
Lemon is the first thing that comes to mind if you want to remove anything dark from your skin! Nothing is as good as a lemon whitener.
Lemon is not only a natural cleanser (why restaurants would use wash bowls with hot water with lime chunks in them!), But also has anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties.
Its acidic properties broadly help lighten your skin along with the exfoliation of dead skin cells. So, why not use the lemon to lighten the dark underarms?
- Take a thick slice of lemon and rub under your arms daily before going to take the bath. Apply a little moisturizer after the bath as lemon also tends to dry the skin. You can also use lemon in a different way, as stated in the next point, to ensure that the skin does not dry out.
- Add a pinch or two of turmeric, honey or yogurt for lemon juice. This will give you something like a paste. Apply this to your dark underarms and let it act for about 10 minutes. Then wash with water.
2. Why leave behind the potatoes?
True! When you can use lemon for its whitening properties, why leave behind the potatoes? They are also good natural bleaching agents. More so for those who have sensitive skin due to the acidic nature of lemon can irritate your skin a lot.
Potatoes, because of their mild acids do not irritate the skin.
And the use of potato to whiten the dark underarms? You know so well, even if you’ve read it hundreds of times. But I will write them.
- Take a thin slice of potato and rub the underarms with it for about 5-10 minutes and then wash with warm water.
- Alternatively, grate a potato and squeeze. Apply this juice to your underarms with the help of your fingers or a cotton ball. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and then rinse.
- Use potatoes at least twice a day to see faster results than you can expect to see in seven days time with lightened skin in the underarms.
3. Use cucumbers too!
If it is a competition between vegetables, you will have to use those cucumbers that lie on your refrigerator too, because they also have properties to lighten the skin.
What’s even better is that if you want to reap the benefits of lemon whitening properties, you can do so by combining lemon juice with cucumber.
While the lemon works to whiten your skin, the cucumber softens the skin avoiding any itching or irritation.
- Mix the lemon juice with cucumber juice and add a pinch of turmeric to it. Lemon bleaches remove dead cells, cucumber provides a cooling effect and turmeric prevents discoloration. It is actually an Ayurvedic remedy-so easy that you can do it every day without any hassle!
- You can also simply cut redondeles of cucumber and frotarsus underarms with it.
- Or apply pure cucumber juice to your dark underarms. This can also clear your skin there in a few days.
4. Exfoliate the underarms
Sometimes it is nothing more than the accumulation of dead skin cells that makes your underarms look dark.
In such a case, the skin should be gently exfoliated under the arms.
A soft sponge is also enough, but if rubbed with scrubs can really give you white underarms.
I’m talking about natural scrubs and not commercials laden with aggressive chemicals.
Before describing some natural scrubs, I would like to emphasize the need for exfoliation for those who sweat excessively.
They should most often exfoliate their underarms because that’s where most of the body’s sweat builds up and sometimes finds no way to escape.
However, excessive exfoliation can also cause damage and scarring can lead to infection in the hair follicles, pores and sweat glands of the underarms.
So you should exfoliate but gently and carefully. Avoid using aggressive exfoliators and even things like pumice or brushes.
Now see some recipes for natural homemade exfoliating for the underarms.
- Drink a little lemon juice and add brown sugar or granulated sugar. Apply under underarms and let it act for 5-10 minutes. Then, with small wet fingers, rub the underarms gently feeling the granules of sugar. This excellently exfoliates the skin and clears it. Wash after a few minutes. This scrub is particularly useful if you have your dark underarms as a result of shaving.
- Take some nuts or peanuts and grind them to make powder. From here, take 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon honey and walnut powder or peanuts. Blend to a paste. Apply this to your underarms. Leave on for 10 minutes. Wash the area then.
5. Help yourself with the white baking soda!
White baking soda can also make your underarms white.
Baking soda can be used to make an excellent exfoliant for your underarms.
In fact, if you use baking soda under your arms, you can avoid your chemically manufactured deodorants and antiperspirants, which is another cause of the dark underarms.
Sodium arms can prevent body odor as well.
Not only this, a scrub made with baking soda can also get rid of damaged and dead cells by unclogging the pores.
It also kills the germs to be free of bad smells and lightens the process of cleaning your underarms.
- Take some baking soda and water. Blend to a thick paste. Apply to underarms and rub gently in the area. Wash and dry the skin.
- If you do not want such an elaborate exercise, mix the baking soda with a little water and just wipe the underarms with this solution.
6. Orange peels for the treatment of dark underarms
However, another natural scrub for the underarms, and this time with flavor and fragrance to fruit because it is made with orange peels.
The orange, belonging to the lemon family, has bleaching properties that can be used to lighten your dark underarms.
Here are the steps to make this scrub.
- Dry the orange peel in the shade.
- Grind the peel to obtain its powder.
- Take some water and milk the roses.
- Add the orange peel powder to this water and milk and mix well to obtain a thick paste.
- Apply this paste to your underarms and gently rub the area for about 10 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
- This exfoliant removes dead skin cells, whitens the skin and leaves you fragarante with the effects of rose water and oranges.
7. Saffron Remedy for Dark Underarms
Saffron is cheap to use in cleaning the underarms, and can give the white underarms an invaluable value.
You can even save money by not buying any deodorant because saffron can kill the germs and bacteria that cause the underarm odor.
- Have some milk.
- Take a few strands of saffron and mix them with milk.
- Apply to underarms.
- If you leave it overnight and wash in the morning, that is the best way to get the benefits of milk and sffron.
- If not, you can let the mixture sit there for 15-20 minutes and then rinse with water.
8. White milk
Vitamins and fatty acids in milk are very effective in lightening dark skin under the arms.
When mixed with curd, lactic acid can also work wonders for whitening dark underarms.
You will need:
- Milk-2 tablespoons
- Curd-1 tablespoon
- Flour-1 tablespoon
- Mix the milk, the curd and the flour to obtain a paste
- Apply to underarms
- Leave for 15 minutes
- Wash with water
9. Fast way to get white underarms
It is possible to avoid oils, for various reasons, but there are many oils that are beneficial to our body, including the skin, even under the underarms.
You just need to know what oil is and how to use it to whiten your underarms.
Olive oil with all its antioxidants and other components is ideal for the skin.
You will need:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Brown Sugar ‘1 cup
- Mix the brown sugar and olive oil
- Moisten the skin under the arms
- Apply the sugar-oil mixture
- Leave to stand for about 5 minutes
- Wash with water
Use this remedy at least twice a week.
You can even do this before taking a bath.
This will prevent free oil care from damaging clothing.
Coconut oil is good for the skin in general. It can also lighten the skin because of its vitamin E content.
You do not need to know much about using this oil.
Just rub some coconut oil into your underarms before taking the shower and then wash with a mild soap and warm water.
Some people think it is a natural deodorant as well.
However, many people do not like their smell. If you are one of those people, you know that pure vitamin E oil is not for you, you do not have to use coconut oil.
Vitamin E Oil
There are good reasons why doctors also depend on vitamin E oil when it comes to skin treatments.
This oil not only makes your light under the arms, also make the skin soft and smooth.
Just rub a little oil a day for a few minutes and rinse.
You can even buy vitamin E capsules, pierce one capsule at a time and apply the oil to your underarms.
This will also ensure that you do not lose this expensive oil.
A mixture of various oils
There are many skin friendly oils available and you can get benefits from each of these oils just by mixing them and applying them to your underarms.
You will need:
- Olive oil-3 drops
- Jojoba oil-3 drops
- Wheat germ oil-3 drops
- Any citrus oil of your choice-3 drops
- A little water
- Mix all oils and water
- Mix well
- Apply to underarms
- Wash after a few minutes.
- You can even save this mixture by taking all the oils in bulk (which should be the same for all oils).
- Then you can use this mixture every day with a little water.
The beneficial vitamins and fatty acids in the oils moisturize the skin to keep it soft and healthy, while the citrus oil whitens your skin without being too hard on the skin.
10. Make a mask of garbanzo flour for the dark underarms
This is a great mask to bleach the underarms.
You will need:
- Garbanzo flour – 2 tablespoons
- Yogurt – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice-1 teaspoon
- Turmeric-1 pinch generous
- Mix gramflour, yogurt, lemon juice and turmeric
- Mix well until a homogeneous paste is obtained
- Apply this paste to the underarms
- Leave it there for half an hour
- Wash with water.
This is a good mask for the underarms as it cleanses, hydrates and whitens the skin at the same time to give a clearer shade of underarm skin.
Use this remedy every day for the first two weeks and then twice a week for faster results.
11. Herbs for dark underarms
There are many herbs that can also help in armpit whitening. Use them for the best experience in lightening the skin under the arms.
You will need:
- Licorice Root
- Extract Aspen
- Extract Raspberry
- Mix all three herbal extracts
- Apply them in the underarms
- Let stand for half an hour
- Wash with water
All these herbs have medicinal properties and with their mixed action, stimulate the production of pheomelanin compound in the skin that helps to lighten your skin.
Also, because they have no side effects, you can use this remedy daily for the first couple of weeks and then once or twice a week to get rid of the black underarms.
If you want to save yourself from discomfort involved in mixing and applying, and then wait etc you may like to have herbal supplements instead of making these extracts blend.
The cinnamon or fenugreek capsules are great remedies, if you have them up to date to cure the dark underarms.
12. Do not do these things
It is always best to prevent than to cure. If you are reading this article after seeing someone’s underarms darker, you would like to know how to prevent this terrible thing, it is better to take some precautions, avoiding the causes that put your underarms dark.
Here is a list of ‘do not do’ for those who do not want dark underarms and even for those who have successfully bleached their underarms and now do not want to be repeated.
- Do not shave your underarms. Shaving only removes hair from the surface leaving an ugly stubble to give an appearance of dark underarms. In addition, your skin becomes rough over time when it shaves again and again. Instead, if you wax your underarms and take the help of a professional and advise you to get a wax done in a salon. Epilation removes root hair as well as removes dead skin cells to give your armpit a soft, polished feel. When starting armpit hair removal, you will feel intense pain, but only in for a couple of sessions. After the body, mind and skin become accustomed to this procedure, you will not feel any pain. If your skin is sensitive, ask your beautician to use some herbal wax or special wax formulation made for sensitive skins.
- Do not use depilatory creams. Almost all of them contain harmful chemicals that are hostile to your skin. It causes rashes, itching, irritation and severe skin disorders at times. Prolonged use of creams and lotions for hair removal can cause permanent damage to the skin. The best option is the adoption of hair removal to remove the hair under the arms.
- Do not do electrolysis. If you are not a dark-skinned woman, you are at risk of electropilation hyperpigmentation.
- Do not use deodorants and antiperspirants. At least limit its use if you can not stop using them totally. Its harmful chemicals can make the underarms dark and rough. It can even cause pigmentation resulting in the dark underarms permanently. Those that do not contain parabens, PEG, synthetic ingredients and fragrances alter hormones and antibacterial, petrochemical, alcohol or aluminum compounds. Even better, start using natural deodorants and antiperspirants like baking soda, coconut oil, essential oil of sandalwood, rose water, etc.
- Do not skip with shower. Even more so if it is hot weather. In fact, at a time, you should bathe more often. Failure to take the bath can lead to bacterial buildup causing smelly sweat and pigmentation. You may like to mix a few drops of citrus oil determined to your bath water so that you smell heavenly throughout the day and the citrus oil can prevent darkening of the skin under the arms.
- Do not wear tight clothing. If possible, avoid using synthetic clothing as well. Adjusted and synthetic garments lead to friction leading to rashes and pigmentation. The synthetic garments do not allow your skin to breathe and trap the sweat inside to give birth to bacteria that can cause darkening of the skin. As much as possible, use cotton or other fabric that does not harm the skin.
- Do not let your weight go out of control. Lose weight if you are obese. Not only tight clothing, even fat from your body that builds up under the arms rubs with clothing and leads to dark underarms.
- Do not take birth control pills. There are other contraceptive methods that can be used instead of oral contraceptives. These pills sometimes lead to such hormonal imbalances that can lead to dark underarms.
- Do not compromise basic hygiene. When your underarms are not properly cleansed, dead skin cells accumulate under the arms that cause bumps and dark spots there. You should regularly exfoliate the skin under the arms. However, be gentle while exfoliating the underarms as it is a thin skin and strong exfoliating or rough handling while rubbing can cause scars and rashes.
- Do not let your diabetes get out of control. If you suffer from type 2 diabetes, high insulin levels can lead to these overproductive skin cells that can cause pigmentation.
13. See a doctor if the home remedy is not works
You may be suffering from the medical condition called acanthosis nigricans.
This can be the cause of your dark underarms and this cannot be cured with home remedies.
Acanthosis pigmentosa can cause dark spots and marks on your body, especially the underarms, groin, inner thigh and neck.
You are at risk for this condition if you are obese or some of your glands do not work properly, or even if you have type 2 diabetes.
As we have already listed in this ‘do not do’ section, you should keep a check on your sugar levels.
High insulin levels can lead to pigmentation.
If you are obese, you have to lose weight and if there is disorder at the glandular level, you should check with an endocrinologist. Sometimes, this condition is inherited or may develop due to certain medications, as well as oral contraceptives.
All these conditions can only be handled by your doctor and not by the home remedies for dark underarms.
So, if you have tried some or all herbal remedies without any positive results, you should go to your doctor to get rid of the dark underarms.